Mission: Whether we’re providing safe housing and pre- and post-natal care for young mothers, residential addiction treatment for teens, before/after school opportunities for children or counseling for families, our comprehensive network of programs help all youth unlock their potential.
Location: Ames, Des Moines, Mason City
Needs: Volunteers share our belief in children, youth, and young adults, and always put them first. In return, we are committed to providing meaningful opportunities that maximize your interests, skills, and availability.
- Events: Reggie’s Sleepout & Holiday Giving (Fall)– No background check
- Ames & Surrounding Communities: Year-round: Nest Nursery, Kids Club, Teen Club, and Mentoring – Clear background check and training required ; Outdoor landscaping
- Des Moines: YSS Iowa Homeless Youth Centers – donation organization, outdoor landscaping, serving meals, cleaning youth opportunity center, etc.
- Mason City: YSS Francis Lauer – donation organization, outdoor landscaping, working with youth, etc.
- One-time events: yes
- Ongoing: yes
- Groups possible? yes
When is service needed: Year-round, September-December & Seasonal times are most busy
Number of hours: Once a month even is very helpful, and the amount of time is flexible, as much or little as is possible for the volunteer.
- In-person: yes
- Hybrid in-person/virtual possible: yes
- Fully virtual possible: yes
Background check required: yes
Equipment/logistics needed: we always ask if groups are able to provide equipment for projects. (gloves, rakes, shovels, etc.)
Training supplied: Program staff provide on-site training for volunteers who work with clients. Training details vary by program.
Equipment or logistics supplied: YSS will provide equipment.
How to apply: Via the website at https://www.yss.org/volunteer/
Contact: Sarina Flathers, 641-691-7527, email@example.com
Operation information: Whether we’re providing safe housing and pre- and post-natal care for young mothers, residential addiction treatment for teens, before/after school opportunities for children or counseling for families, our comprehensive network of programs help all youth unlock their potential.
Address: Ames, IA 50010
If you are with this organization and need to update your listing, please access our update form on this page: For Community Partners