Mission: Station Clubhouse, now known as Connections is a day program that is located in Grinnell. Station Clubhouse is a peer drop-in center. Connections is a place where people battling different mental illnesses can socialize and gather in a safe environment.
Location: Grinnell (0.7 miles from Grinnell College)
Needs: Assistance needed with:
- New fitness center: teaching exercises and healthy habits, working with people with limited mobility, including wheelchair-bound
- Craft activities
- Transportation to doctor appointments, courthouse in Montezuma, and area food pantries
- Outings within Grinnell community as well as Wells Fargo Center in Des Moines, other activities as opportunities come up
- Weekly mental health group, one-on-one support during the group session can make the session more impactful for some individuals
- One-time events: yes
- Ongoing: yes
- Groups possible? yes, for special events
When is service needed: Year-round. Winter assistance is very needed to combat the winter blues, as it is hard for people to get out.
Number of hours: Flexible, as much or little as is possible for the volunteer. Connections is open from 9 to 3 daily, so activities other than transportation would occur during those hours.
- In-person: yes
- Hybrid in-person/virtual possible: no
- Fully virtual possible: no
Equipment/logistics needed: Driver’s license and insurance needed for transporters
Vehicle needed: for transportation assistance
Training supplied: Any training and guidance needed for the activity is supplied.
Equipment or logistics supplied: We have a full kitchen, a fitness center, and an extensive arts and crafts supply.
How to apply: Contact Ryanne Jansen, Lead Support, at email@example.com
Contact: Ryanne Jansen, Lead Support, (641) 236-5325, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation information: The members make their own event and lunch calendars each month, cook lunches on a daily basis and help keep the clubhouse clean by signing up for tasks. There are groups you can join throughout the week and activities to do daily. We also do an out of town or in town outing every month, outings include going out to eat, going to a movie, seeing a sporting event or whatever the members decide they want to do that month.
Address: 729 Pearl St Grinnell, IA 50112
If you are with this organization and need to update your listing, please access our update form on this page: For Community Partners